2003 IGIER Working Papers
252. Tito Boeri and Juan F.Jimeno
• The Effects of Employment Protection: Learning from Variable Enforcement
251. Torsten Persson, Gerard Roland and Guido Tabellini
• How do Electoral Rules Shape Party Structures, Government Coalitions and Economic Policies?
250. Pietro Garibaldi and Etienne Wasmer
• Raising Female Employment: Reflections and Policy Tools
249. Pierpaolo Battigalli and Giovanni Maggi
• Costly Contracting in a Long-Term Relationship
248. Pietro Garibaldi and Etienne Wasmer
• Equilibrium Employment in a Model of Imperfect Labour Market
247. Pietro Garibaldi, Lia Pacelli and Andrea Borgarello
• Employment Protection Legislation and the Size of Firms
246. Matthias Messner and Mattias Polborn
• Paying Politicians
245. Michele Polo and Carlo Scarpa
• Entry Without Competition
244. Vincenzo Galasso and Paola Profeta
• Lessons for an Aging Society: the Political Sustainability of Social Security Systems
243. Carlo Altomonte and Enrico Pennings
• Oligopolistic Reaction to Foreign Investment in Discrete Choice Panel Data Models
242. Paolo Manasse and Luca Stanca
• Working on the Train? The Role of Technical Progress and Trade in Explaining Wage Differentials in Italian Firms
241. Alejandro Cunat and Marco Maffezzoli
• Can Comparative Advantage Explain the Growth of US Trade?
240. Francesco Daveri, Paolo Manasse and Danila Serra
• The Twin Effects of Globalization
239. Tito Boeri, J. Ignacio Conde-Ruiz and Vincenzo Galasso
• Protecting Against Labour Market Risk: Employment Protection or Unemployment Benefits?
238. Alberto Alesina and Guido Tabellini
• Bureaucrats or Politicians?
237. Michael Artis, Massimiliano Marcellino and Tommaso Proietti
• Dating the Euro Area Business Cycle
236. Anindya Banerjee and Massimiliano Marcellino
• Are There Any Reliable Leading Indicators for U.S. Inflation and GDP Growth?
235. Anindya Banerjee, Massimiliano Marcellino and Igor Masten
• Leading Indicators for Euro-area Inflation and GDP growth
234. Carlo A. Favero and Tommaso Monacelli
• Monetary-Fiscal Mix and Inflation Performance: Evidence from the U.S.
233. Tommaso Monacelli
• Commitment, Discretion and Fixed Exchange Rates in an Open Economy
232. Torsten Persson and Guido Tabellini
• Do electoral cycles differ across political systems?
231. Alejandro Cunat and Marco Maffezzoli
• The Generalized Neoclassical Growth Model
230. Polo.M and Scarpa.C
• The liberalization of energy markets in Europe and Italy
229. Battigalli.P and Maggi.G
• International agreements on product standards: an incomplete contracting theory
228. Monacelli. T.
• Monetary Policy in a Low Pass-Through Environment
227. Daveri F.
• Information Technology and Productivity Growth Across Countries and Sectors